Erasmus + Mobilities between EU-CONEXUS partners in Cyprus
We are happy that an UTCB delegation of three students and two representatives from our Research in Applied Ethics Centre take part, between 1st and 7th of May, in the ERASMUS+ Blended Intensive Programme on ”Law and Ethics in the Digital Era”, organized by our EU-CONEXUS partners, Frederick University of Cyprus. This mobility is powered by Erasmus + Funds.
We highly encourage the participation of our students in these types of programmes as they include diverse activities related to the topic and also cultural and history based activities, in order for the students to really immerse in the spirit of a European training, in just a couple of days.
Besides the physical mobility in Nicosia, participants also had to attend one mandatory week of online courses about Law and Ethics, according to a timetable agreed by all parties. The UTCB students who have been selected based on the selection criteria are – Estefania Branescu (CFDP), Maria Revencu (FILS STI), and Miruna Trifan (FCCIA).
The selection criteria was based on the proven interest of students in the topic of this BIP, namely Law, Ethics and Digital Law, a proven B2 level of English and on the extracurricular activities and volunteering of the students. The students registered for this mobility by sending an e-mail to our Mobilities Coordinator, Ramona Diac, with the following required documents:
- CV in English specifying the activities connected to the BIP topic that they are experienced in and the volunteering or extracurricular activities they were so far involved in
- Motivational letter in English explaining the reasons they are interested in this mobility and how it could be of impact for them in their future careers (min. 300 words)
This BIP gives the students the opportunity to take part in activities such as:
- Presentations and workshop on AI
- New rules on digital commerce
- Visit to the campus of Frederick University in Limassol
- Roundtable discussion on Democracy and corruption in Europe
- Visit to the parliament of Cyprus
- Sports activities in Larnaca
The representatives from our Research in Applied Ethics Centre who will be participating in staff training activities and will meet up with their fellow colleagues from Frederick University are – Raluca Ghențulescu and Mirel Anghel. These kinds of mobilities are of great value for our staff members as it enables them to experience how their European colleagues are fulfilling the requirements of their positions. It also creates the perfect opportunity for them to expand their network and to engage in future similar experiences.
The first Blended Intensive Programme that UTCB took part in was in 2022, when a delegation of eight students, alongside students from Escola Superior de Desporto de Rio Maior (ESDRM) in Portugal, took part in September in the “Health and Safety in Coastal Sports Activities’’ BIP organized by Frederick University.