Blue Economy and Growth
Seas and oceans are drivers for our economy and have great potential for innovation and growth. Blue economy promotes a sustainable use of ocean resources for economic growth while preserving the health of ocean ecosystems.
The EU-CONEXUS Minor in Blue Economy and Growth provides you competences and professional skills related to the main industrial and service sectors of the blue economy, which are among the main established and emerging economic maritime sectors:
- Aquaculture and Fisheries
- Marine Biotechnology
- Ocean Energy
- Transport and Shipbuilding
- Coastal and Maritime Tourism
The learning outcomes of this minor will be achieved under practical and professional activities.
Shape your Minor and enrich your knowledge and proficiency in Sustainable Blue Economy!
In the Blue Economy and Growth Minor, UTCB is providing the following courses:
- Built Facilities for Aquaculture
- Energy from Renewable Resources I (wind, waves, tidal, currents)
- Energy from Renewable Resources II (solar, hydrothermal, biomass, osmotic, OTEC)
- Sustainable Transport Engineering for Coastal Region
Interested? You can now register for the courses proposed in this academic year, second semester.
The courses are organised by the Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages (FILS).
Please follow the following steps (only bachelor students in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of studies are eligible):
- Fill in the registration form,
- Prepare your CV in English, also mentioning the extra-curricular activities in which you participated within the University or in the EU-CONEXUS project,
- Write a letter of motivation explaining the reasons why you choose the Minor program and / or the courses you enroll in (what study and career plans you have, interest in the topics of the courses, interest in international experience, etc.)
- Prepare your proof of the level of your language skills in English (Cambridge, Toefl, TOEIC or any similar certificate); no problem if you don’t have it, you’ll participate to a 10 minutes oral test organized on 2nd of December.
- Send all documents by email to Ramona Diac, EU-CONEXUS Minor Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org (you can also ask her everything you want about the Minors, courses, procedure)
If you do not wish to attend the full Minor´s programme, you can always choose only the courses that interest you and enjoy some of the benefits of the EU-CONEXUS experience and to have them listed in your Diploma Supplement. Please follow the same procedure for registration.
Deadline for registration: November 30, 13:00 PM.