Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Tourism
Coastal regions are areas of major importance for environment and society. Nature and biodiversity must be protected, as well as the rich historical heritage, but in the same time economy and tourism should develop. This makes the coastal regions a territory of complex interactions and raises a hard challenge.
Would you like to be an active actor in addressing this challenge?
The EU-CONEXUS Minor in “Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Tourism” provides you competences and professional skills in five key sectors:
- Biodiversity and Coastal Zone Management
- Environmental Education
- Human Geography
- Sustainable Tourism
- Coastal Engineering.
With a solid theoretical base and through practical activities, you will acquire skills and knowledge that will boost your employability and open professional opportunities in coastal regions in domains like: port and harbour administration, real estate development, governmental agencies, regional and local administration, private and public organizations in the field of environment, tourism and culture, NGOs. You will also acquire an international experience, develop your cultural awareness and intercultural competencies.
Shape your future and become a factor of change in Coastal development!
You can check here the Course Catalogue that includes the full list and details of courses proposed by the 6 universities within EU-CONEXUS.
Please see below the offer for the autumn semester of the academic year 2021-2022.
Please follow the next steps (only bachelor students that will be in the next semester in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of studies):
- Prepare your CV in English, also mentioning the extra-curricular activities in which you participated within the University or in the EU-CONEXUS project,
- Write a letter of motivation explaining the reasons why you choose the Minor program and / or the courses you enroll in (what study and career plans you have, interest in the topics of the courses, interest in international experience, etc.)
- Prepare your proof of the level of your language skills in English (Cambridge, Toefl, TOEIC or any similar certificate); no problem if you don’t have it, you’ll participate to a 10 minutes oral test,
- Contact directly by Microsoft Teams Ramona Diac, EU-CONEXUS Minor Officer, email@example.com – to receive more info about the Minor courses and to complete the Minor Application Form with her.
If you do not wish to attend the full Minor´s programme, you can always choose only the courses that interest you and enjoy some of the benefits of the EU-CONEXUS experience and to have them listed in your Diploma Supplement. Please follow the same procedure for registration.
Deadline: 15 of May
In the Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Minor, UTCB is providing the following courses only for the spring semester:
- Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing
- Pollution / Depollution (water, air, soil)
- Effects of Climate Change
- Performant Built Facilities for Sustainable Tourism
- Sustainable Built Environment
- Natural Hazards in Coastal Regions
The courses are organised by the Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages (FILS).