The Signing of the collaboration protocol between The Technical University of Constructions Bucharest and the National Research and Development Institute for Marine Geology and Geoecology – GEOECOMAR
On the 2nd of December, the Technical University of Constructions of Bucharest, represented by Rector Prof. Dr. Ing. Radu Văcăreanu and the National Research-Development Institute for Geology and Marine Geoecology – GeoEcoMar, legally represented by the Director General Prof. Dr. Ing. Adrian Stănică, agreed to the signing of a Protocol for Cooperation.
The purpose of the Protocol is to establish the general framework for the collaboration of the two institutions, in order to carry out joint activities in areas of national and international interest, on scientific research and technological development. This partnership also comes as part of our efforts to strengthen the collaboration between our new partner and the European University for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability EU-CONEXUS.
The protocol takes into account:
- the need for communication and collaboration between our university and the institutional organization with regards to the research-development activities;
- the need for mutual consultation of specialists from the two partner institutions;
- the need to promote and carry out projects of national and international interest;
The general directions of this protocol of collaboration include:
- Promoting development policies;
- Collaboration within the European University for Smart Urban Coastal Sustainability EU-CONEXUS;
- Participation in calls for national, European and international research, development and innovation projects;
- Ensuring the research-higher education integration process in the field of geology, geophysics and geodesy, with emphasis on the marine, coastal, deltaic and fluvial fields;
- Development of joint research programs, using the research facilities of the two institutions;
- Compilation of research teams composed of specialists from both institutions with the purpose of attracting students, masters and doctoral students;
- The specific capitalization for an indefinite period of time of the data provided by the GNSS-GeoPontica permanent stations;
- Joint organization of scientific events (conferences, workshops), internships and advanced training courses, summer schools on topics of interest for both institutions;
- Exchange of scientific documentation and publications;
- Editing scientific publications.
The signing of this protocol reflects, once again, UTCB’s ongoing efforts to develop projects and programs in the field of scientific research and technological development. We would like to thank our partners from INCD GeoEcoMar and assure them of our full appreciation for the professionalism and expertise they bring with the signing of this protocol.